What is Home Watch?
The National Home Watch Association (NHWA) defines Home Watch as “A visual inspection of a home or property, looking for obvious issues.” It is a service or set of services provided by a professional Home Watch company like PRISM HomeWatch to inspect your property while you are away, look for potential problems, and report back to the property owner in order to prevent or mitigate issues and provide peace of mind.
What if the PRISM HomeWatch professional finds an issue?
Your accredited PRISM HomeWatch company has the training, experience, and judgment to take care of just about any situation. If there is an emergency, your PRISM HomeWatch professional will handle it in the fastest and safest way, keeping in mind cost-effectiveness. For a non-emergency issue, you will be contacted to decide on the appropriate course of action.
Can you check my property between renters?
Absolutely! PRISM HomeWatch offers both pre-arrival and post-departure checks. We can also do a full home inventory check and work with your cleaning service to ensure your home is always well maintained and in only the best condition before and after your guests!
Why not have my neighbor keep an eye on my house?
Neighbors, friends and/or housekeepers will often offer to watch your house while you are away. Unfortunately, they are not experienced, trained, or insured to take on this responsibility. While with the best intentions, they may not have the knowledge to do a complete home watch visit or identify the issues before they become disasters.
Is PRISM HomeWatch a security service?
No, although many people mistake it as such. However, PRISM HomeWatch can provide a visible presence in your home to help thwart any criminal activity. Your PRISM HomeWatch professional is also in communication with local law enforcement and emergency services, should the need arise, or an alarm be triggered.
Should I check for any kind of accreditation or certification with a Home Watch professional?
Yes. Not every company that claims to be a Home Watch company is a member of the National Home Watch Association, and many of them may not qualify to be a member, since there are strict Code of Ethics requirements and standards to be followed. For your peace of mind, rely on a NHWA member who is certified. This ensures the company is insured, bonded, and licensed. Click here to verify an accredited NHWA Member.
How often will PRISM HomeWatch visit my home?
Each client is different. We recommend that you check with your homeowner’s insurance provider to verify any requirements they have. We offer weekly, bi-weekly, and pre/post guest visits for our clients.
How does PRISM HomeWatch handle a situation when you find damage?
Each situation is unique to each home and homeowner. We will always work to troubleshoot the issue and prevent any immediate damage from escalating and communicate our findings with you. We will then use our list of resources to help mediate and solve the issue and always keep you up to date.
Why do I need PRISM HomeWatch service?
An unoccupied home is a vulnerable home. In the Coastal Savannah Georgia and the South Carolina Low Country, we have many risks including water leaks, humidity levels, mold, pests, HVAC failure and storm damage. These issues can happen anywhere at any time, even in brand new and well-maintained homes. Having a well-trained PRISM HomeWatch professional that makes regular checks to your home can help identify these issues before they become expensive disasters and PRISM HomeWatch can help with regular maintenance that may help prevent unpleasant situations
Does PRISM HomeWatch offer other services?
PRISM HomeWatch can provide a slightly different set of additional concierge services to meet individual client’s needs. These can include scheduling, meeting, and chaperoning contractors and other specialized concierge services for your unique needs. PRISM HomeWatch can even prepare your home for your absence and get it ready for your return. Ask about the company’s concierge services and any unique services you’d like them to perform.
Can PRISM HomeWatch work with vendors or construction workers at my home while I’m away?
Of course! PRISM HomeWatch offers both vendor key-in services, vendor, and service provider oversight for all our PRISM HomeWatch Clients!
Accredited members of the NHWA must pass a strict vetting process for consumer complaints or issues. They must carry the proper insurance (which is always available for review). They must agree to uphold the highest ethics in the Home Watch industry. Accredited members of the National Home Watch Association will always look out for the best interests of the Homeowner.
Benefits of Hiring an Accredited Home Watch Service
- An Accredited Home Watch service’s regular visits to your property may prevent or lessen property damage.
- An Accredited Home Watch service will create a presence in your home which may deter squatters and other intruders.
- Accredited Home Watch inspectors will look for leaks, insect infestations, mold and other potential threats.
- An Accredited Home Watch service will deliver consistent an accurate information to you during your absence.
- An Accredited Home Watch service can make arrangements for work to be done in your absence, leaving you to do what you wish once you return.
- An Accredited Home Watch service can act as your liaison between contractors, associations, Realtors and virtually anyone that you authorize them to.
- An Accredited Home Watch service will implement your storm plan.
- An Accredited Home Watch service will answer alarm calls.
- Homes controlled by an HOA/POA have bylaws that dictate how their exterior and ground are to be maintained. An Accredited Home Watch service will make itself aware of these rules and make sure that your home is kept within guidelines. They will address any problems with landscapers and lawn services.
- For condo owners, while an HOA/POA is responsible for common grounds and common areas, you are responsible for everything from the “studs in”. Problems in an upstairs unit can create major damage to the unit below. Common pipes in common walls are also notorious for causing problems to multiple units. An Accredited Home Watch service can discover issues prior to your return.
- An Accredited Home Watch service will give you peace of mind, knowing that your home is being looked after by professionals who have your best interests in mind.